
One of the great things about living where we do is the scenery. You can't go wrong with 400 acres along the Potomac! On Sunday, we walked down to Black Pond which is only about 15 minutes from our apartment's back door. Henley sportingly went with us and was oddly excited when we got to Black Pond. He kept running back and forth along the beach. I think he was chasing the tadpoles he could see in the shallow water. But still, no swimming for him.
We really should take him down more. I'd like to get him a life jacket and see if he'll tolerate canoeing with us. Hunter's family home in New Hampshire is on a great calm lake that even I don't mind tooling around and I'd love to take Henley on it next time we're there. Black Pond would be great practice for us. Henley's Great Uncle Mac has been on the Potomac and his dad wrote a great review for a life jacket, we'll have to check it out and see if Henley will tolerate one. He generally does not like wearing clothes of any type. The harness is usually a chase around the house moment, so I can't imagine what kind of response a life jacket would get us. :)
Henley will be road tripping this weekend up to CT. He's happy that this will not include any water sports!

No comments:
Post a Comment